24 April 2008

Breaking Buds

It's hard to believe that only 5 days ago I had buds instead of flowers. This is how the tulip tree looks tonight.

I had to take the picture because we have had wind all day and bad weather predicted--even snow for Monday--and the petals are already starting to fall.



Here are the buds on the wisteria. Here are various other things that weren't blooming Saturday. The bleeding heart wasn't even up yet!




The above is a black currant bush. You can't believe how wonderful my yard smells right now. This thing is powerful. Everyone should have one--not to mention all the black currants! (That I can't figure out what to do with.)


Count the kitties.
Beezer




The following owie shot is for Greg. I "broke the skin" on my thumb restacking some boards that blew down. It's not as dramatic without the dripping blood, but you can see the scar on my wrist where they repaired the triple break from a wallyball mishap. (Oh--and my toes.)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

The pictures are so nice. I don't have a digital camera, and even if I did, I have Windows ME so the camera wouldn't be compatible with my computer so that I could post pictures of all my pretty flowers that bloomed this week. Love the kitties! That's a pretty big scar on the wrist there.