20 September 2009

Piano Stool Transformation

Finally got it done today.  Ain't she a beauty?  This was the worst strip job I've ever done.  All those grooves and curves!  Found the best tool was good old steel wool and a dental pick.  I opted to make it look new instead of leaving the feet all brown and rust-encrusted.  The glass balls are really chewed up on the bottoms but they still shine.
Since the wooden seat top was missing and someone put that rough wood on there I made a nice thick cushion and used some crushed velvet I had laying around and tacked it tight all around.  I found some fringe that matched perfectly to cover the tacks and give it some oomph.  In the picture the colors are a little off.  In reality the trim matches.

1 comment:

Karen Anne said...

Those feet are amazing.